Monday, September 4, 2006

Confusion

I've been living in L.A. for several years now -- but I still have to get used to the confusing parking signs. It takes at least 30 seconds to make sense of this sign -- but you rarely have 30 seconds to decide whether you can park in the precious spot you managed to find.

Sometimes, I wonder if it's not deliberate. It really requires focus and attention to make sure you're OK.

Meanwhile, the city sends its traffic cops buzzing around in motocrottes, delivering tickets like they're on a binge.

The minimum fine in Santa Monica is a painful $47. No wonder the pie chart of the annual city budget always shows a comfortable morceau for what they call with humorous euphemism "vehicle management".
photo Blogging L.A.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My car's been on the street for two months and I've had to pay eleven euros....

LA Frog said...

I'm totally jealous.