Saturday, July 22, 2006

Frigo Lust

I'm in love with my American fridge. It's huge. Like a walk in closet -- with separate freeze compartment and ice maker. I feel like rolling in luxury every time I look at it. Especially compared to those tiny weeny toy-size fridges you get in most small apartments in Paris.
An American living in Paris, Odessa Street has been ranting about her friggin' French frigo for the past few days. Hers broke down -- in the middle of the heat wave. But they don't need to break down to be dysfunctional as a raison d'être. What about the ice box icing constantly, so you can't store anything in it? And all that fresh food you brought from the street market, which you need to eat or give away pronto because there's simply no room in your fridge to store it?

I'm so grateful for my monster yankee appliance!
photos Google Images

No comments: