Thursday, July 27, 2006

Ali Baba's Cave

I went to Hennessey & Ingalls again yesterday. Located on Wilshire in Santa Monica, it claims to be "the largest bookstore dealing in the Visual Arts in North America".
Its nondescript, warehouse-like decor belies the magnificent loot: books on art, architecture, design, photography, fashion, media, travel, and more, line up table after table, shelve after shelve.

It's total crack for the eye and mind. Whenever I step in there, I spend hours, lose my shirt, and go home poor but laden with treasures. Love it!
photos LA Frog

2 comments:

bourgogne said...

LOVE that place. it's good to see that it hasn't gotten swallowed by chain.

LA Frog said...

You're absolutely right. The vibe is so different from the usual B&N or Borders. I love watching the people at Hennessey, they have such a "gourmand" look on their face!